Sunday 28 October 2012

Hallescher v Vfl Wolfsburg II - 25th February 12

Very strange weekend and to be honest a bit of a disaster. The original plan was to visit Stahl Brandenburg today and Stáhl Eissenhuttenstadt last night. As the Stahl Brandenburg game was called off early I planned to do BSG Chemie Leipzig instead.

Got to Eissenhuttenstadt last night and luckily found a bus outside the station which the driver said stopped near the ground. He was right but the bus did a 35 minute zig zag tour around Eissenhuttenstadt. I don't know what it looks like in daylight but it looked like a massive housing estate with no centre in the dark. On reaching the ground I found that there was no game taking place. The place was deserted and there were no floodlightlights on the side pitch where the game was supposed to be played as the main stadium does not have lights. A lovely 35 minute walk back to the station in drizzling rain followed. I'm based for the weekend in Berlin so came on the train via Frankfurt (oder). On reaching the platform and looking at the timetable for the next train back to Frankfurt I was told by another potential passenger that the train was cancelled and I should speak to a couple of the rail staff. Eventually I found out that the train was cancelled due to an accident and I should catch a bus to Frankfurt outside the station. I queued with about 20 people for 1.5 hours in the rain (the station was closed). Eventually a bus arrived and we were told we were not allowed on it and the train would arrive shortly. Everyone went back onto the platform. Next train cancelled and it would be a 2 hour wait for the next one. By this time the railway staff had gone home. I think everyone had the same idea that if another train came into the station they would all jump on it wherever it was going. One duly did and I was on my way to Cottbus to catch a connection to Berlin. This train was also late so I missed the connection by 2 minutes and had to wait another hour for the last train to Berlin. It looked like Cottbus closes at 9.30pm on a Friday night. I eventually got back to my hotel at 1.00am.

Far more optomistic that this was a one off I was just about to set off to Leipzig when I decided to check the Chemie website to see the following post:

"Both the National League and the play of Class city team against the Kickers 94 Markham is canceled.

This is just the place after a final Commission decision space commission. The spaces are not to conduct the games allowed. The BSG Chemie Leipzig as well as all other parties have their hands tied. We provide information about the new date as soon as it is".

This is a google translate so haven't a clue what this means. Likewise I'm not sure why the Eissenhuttenstadt game was off. The google translation from their site read:

"The EFC steel must move his start in the second round of the League of Brandenburg. The seats on the local sports facilities do not allow the forest road game operation, the city looks Eisenhüttenstadt as the owner of the courts as currently unplayable. The scheduled for Friday 19:30 clock official home game against FC Strausberg therefore has to be canceled unfortunately".

With an advance ticket to Leipzig already purchased, my options were limited so I decided on a visit to Halle watch Hallescher at the new ERDGAS Sportpark.

Hallescher 3 Vfl Wolfsburg II 2
Regionalliga NORD
Attendance 3,303
Admission 16 euros
Programme 1.50 euros

This was a bit of a rush job as I arrived at Halle Station at 1.10pm for the 1.30pm kick off. The taxi journey cost 7.50 euros but got me there 10 minutes before kick off. Twenty minutes later I got into the ground as you have to pay at a ticket kiosk where an indivdiual seat has to be allocated for you using a booking system. Some of the shameful pushing in was unbelievable. Yes the classic I´ll walk to the front, ask a complete stranger a question and then stand next to them to push in tactic was very much in use. By the time I got in the programme sellars had gone but luckily they were on sale at the ticket kiosk and I bought 2 before I went inside.

I´m not fan fan of new build grounds but this one has some really good features but unfortunately bad ones as well. The old stone boundary wall, large arch and statues have been retaíned. The seating view and rake is good on the stands with three sides seated and one standing. Two standing areas are also available in two corners. It does remind me a bit of a small Doncaster Keepmoat stadium but is better. Unfortunately the club use a fan card system for food and drinks so none purchased and I waited till after the game as both were available outside the ground for cash.

This was a really good game with the winning goal coming in the 80th minute.

The programme was very good. Similar in design to last season it is now professionally printed on glossy paper as opposed to last seasons one which appeared to be laser printed.




Programme size A5
Full colour glossy 36 pages


No comments:

Post a Comment